Saturday, October 30, 2010

ChocoVine

I have walked past this a few times and wasn't sure I was willing to risk trying it. I looks like expensive Yohoo. But my friend Danielle said it was delicious, so I thought I could risk it.

It is a product of Holland, 14% alcohol by volume and about $10 depending on where you shop. It is imported by Clever Imports, LLC in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

It is a mixture of red wine and chocolate. If you've ever had a chocolate martini, this is exactly what it tastes like. It is delicious and sweet. Desert in a bottle! If you like sweet chocolate milk, then this might be something you enjoy.

It really isn't so much of a wine as a mixed drink. Not something I would buy all the time, but an easy after dinner drink, especially with the holidays coming up. ChocoVine would be great with holiday treats as an alternative to eggnog.

If you like it less sweet, you could always add some vanilla or chocolate vodka or milk if you want to cut the alcohol. Just keep this wine away from the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment