Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cupcake Vineyards: Sauvignon Blanc

        Before I take a sip, I smell the wine several times to try to divine the essence of the bouquet. The wine smells like tart lemons with a slight undercurrent of lemon icing. The wine reminds me of a lemon zinger -  tastes tangy, citrusy. A drier white, less sweet but not too tart.

        The wine is bottled in Marlborough, New Zealand by Cupcake Vineyards and is13% Alcohol. The wine is self described as tasting reminiscent of a lemon chiffon cupcake. I can definitely understand that description. The wine is flavored with Meyer lemons and key limes and refreshing grapes grown in the Marlborough valley.


        This wine would definitely be excellent paired with lobster or oysters. I am not a big seafood fan, but the acidity of the wine would be wonderful with seafood. I personally might pair it with a garlicky, creamy Alfredo sauce or risotto.


        This wine is sharper and drier than most I have reviewed so far. Yet, it is something I will probably pick up again. I may also try more wine from this vineyard. This wine was about $9 and is a good value for the money. Some wines that are less expensive taste even less expensive than the cost, but this one tastes above its cost. I have savored this bottle over several days now and I really like it. Hopefully, you will too, if you like a Sauvignon Blanc or lemon cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment